Name: Kiplyn Burk

Position: Design Team

Hello! My name is Kiplyn Burk, and I am currently a senior at the University of Alabama. I am majoring in Chemistry with a minor in Human Development & Family Studies. I’ve always known I wanted to pursue medicine and chemistry seemed like the perfect fit. I grew up in Tulsa, Oklahoma with my grandparents, two younger sisters, and four dogs. Growing up, I heard many stories about the University of Alabama from alumni relatives; however, none of their stories could have prepared me for the past four years. Tuscaloosa has become my little slice of heaven full of the most amazing people. 

When I am not in class, I love to do pretty much anything as long as I’m with my friends; fortunately, I am currently living with 60 other girls in my sorority house so being around friends is rarely a problem. My hobbies include tennis, rewatching my favorite tv shows (Game of Thrones on repeat), and going on walks with friends. I am constantly attempting to learn new skills and hobbies, the latest of which is embroidery. I also love to travel and take every opportunity I have to explore new places and meet new people. 

While graphic design is fairly unrelated to chemistry, I’m excited to learn this new skill and expand my professional options for the future. I’ve always believed work and passion must exist together to produce and maintain success (whatever that definition may be). Technology is not my strong suit, so I’m thrilled for the opportunity to improve and possibly fall in love with graphic design! I am so excited to work with the graphic design team and see what projects this semester holds!