Name: Sydney Anderson

Major: Psychology

Minor: Biology

What are your plans after graduating?: After graduating I plan on attending pharmacy school at Auburn University in hopes of one day working as a pediatric pharmacist.

Why did you choose to join the Honors College?: I decided to join the honors college because of the opportunities it gives each member including the honors dorm, priority registration, and smaller class sizes. I also wanted the opportunity to meet more people and make UA feel like a smaller community of people.

What was your favorite class you’ve taken with the Honors College and how has that class impacted you since you took it?: My favorite class I have taken in the Honors College has been UH 155: Adventure Literature taught by Professor Nathan Parker. I honestly was not looking forward to the class at all and it ended up being one of the best classes I have taken at UA. Professor Parker cared so much about us as students and our everyday lives and my little 15 person class became almost like a family by the end of the semester. Mr. Parker also had a way of making somewhat boring literature into very interesting and meaningful stories that ended up teaching me way more than I could have imagined.

What will you take from the Honors College into your life beyond graduation?: The most important thing the honors college has taught me is that you can make the most of your situation no matter what. From my UH classes to living in Ridgecrest South to meeting others at Honors college events, I have learned that, in every situation, there is always something to be learned from others and yourself. I always try to go into something new with an open mind ready to learn more about the world around me and myself as a student.