Name: Meredith Barnes 

Position: Social Media Team 

My name is Meredith Barnes, and I am a sophomore here at the University of Alabama. I am from Louisville, Kentucky along with my 4 other siblings. I came to Alabama in search of warmer weather and an out of state school with a good amount of familiarity and comfort. I spent a lot of time visiting Alabama in high school after my older brother decided to come here four years ago. I am the fourth out of five kids and definitely have the big family personality to prove it. I have a dog named Oreo who is my pride and joy. She is a rat terrier I adopted while I was an 8 year old camper at Camp HiHo. I grew up with frequent family movie nights my dad titled “movi-fications,” in his attempt to educate us on his favorite and classics. It changes frequently, but currently my favorite movie is “LOL”. Growing up I played every sport known to man until eventually finding and loving cross country. I now enjoy going on runs by myself or even with friends to take a break from the outside world. Additionally, while at school I love going out to eat with friends, especially when dining dollars are involved. My friends and mine favorite quick bite is definitely Chik Fil A and for a sit down either Heat Pizza or Five.

Here at the University of Alabama, I am majoring in Marketing and Graphic Design. I have always enjoyed the creative side of business and wanted to see that through when I was choosing my majors. Since last semester I started working for the Alabama International Trade Center as a market research and graphic design intern. I definitely want to use the skills from both majors to create new and exciting ideas for different companies or people. I am always looking for new ways to get involved on campus and saw Mosaic Magazine as the perfect opportunity. I am excited to get even more experience working on the digital media team here and to learning new tips and tricks.

Despite my limited travel experience, I hope to one day live and work all over the world, meeting and learning about new people, places, and environments. A goal of mine is to graduate from UA and travel for a couple years before settling down. A big fear of mine is to live a mundane and dull life without any excitement or variation. Thinking about the future, I definitely do not have a set idea in terms of a career post-graduation. I love all things fashion, cosmetics, or anything that brings art to everyday life. A dream job would be to work for a big named company like Dior, Chanel, or even a large corporation like Revolve. 

Here at the University of Alabama, I am majoring in Marketing and Graphic Design. I have always enjoyed the creative side of business and wanted to see that through when I was choosing my majors. Since last semester I started working for the Alabama International Trade Center as a market research and graphic design intern. I definitely want to use the skills from both majors to create new and exciting ideas for different companies or people. I am always looking for new ways to get involved on campus and saw Mosaic Magazine as the perfect opportunity. I am excited to get even more experience working on the digital media team here and to learning new tips and tricks.