Name: Mackenzie Tolliver

Position: Photography Team

Hi! My name is Mackenzie Tolliver and I’m a part of the photography team for Mosaic this semester. I am currently a senior here at the University of Alabama. I’m a Psychology major with a minor in Criminal Justice, and after graduation, I plan on going to graduate school for School Psychology. 

In my free time, I enjoy rewatching shows I’ve seen five times (One Tree Hill, Criminal Minds, etc.), FaceTiming my brother (to see my dog), listening to my old One Direction playlist, and of course, watching Alabama football. Besides the Honors College, I am also the Vice President of the University’s chapter of Psi Chi. After graduating this spring, I plan on going to graduate school for School Psychology. 

I’m from a small town called Front Royal, Virginia, and I’m lucky enough to live directly next to Shenandoah National Park, which leads to spending many nights watching sunsets and stargazing. Due to COVID-19, I spent the last year taking my classes at home while also getting to spend time with my family, friends, and my rottweiler Izzy. While I enjoyed spending more time at home, I’m so happy to be back in Tuscaloosa this year! My grandfather graduated from UA in 1973, so Alabama has always been a big part of my life. I visited Tuscaloosa and campus almost every year growing up, so being able to be a part of it now means a lot to me. 

Being a part of the photography team is also important to me because my mom is a professional photographer (hopefully, I share some of her talents), and I look forward to sharing her passion! I’m very excited to be a part of Mosaic this year to leave a lasting imprint within the Honors College and the University as a whole. Roll Tide!