Valentine’s Day Eats: Dorm Edition
With Valentine’s Day right around the corner, we have three easy recipes for you to try! To make the deal even sweeter, all these treats can be made in a dorm room with just a few simple materials! Whether you are craving the classic chocolate covered strawberries, or looking for a new treat involving oreos or pretzels, one of these recipes is for you! With the same accessory ingredients, you could even make all three at once! Pick up these simple ingredients on your next grocery run, and fill your dorm with some Valentine’s Day fun! Try out these dorm friendly recipes and tag us @uamosaic on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram so we can see your finished treats!
What you need at the store:
- strawberries, oreos, and/or pretzels of your choice!
- semi sweet chocolate chips
- white chocolate chips
- your favorite Valentine’s day sprinkles
- parchment paper
What you need at home:
- baking sheet or large plate
- microwavable bowls (2)
- microwave and refrigerator (thanks UA!)
How to make:
For all three recipes, the procedure remains the same. All you do is decide what you are dipping in the chocolate (strawberries, oreos, pretzels or all three!). Here’s how you do it:
- Prepare you baking sheet or plate by lining it with parchment paper
- Set out your ingredient of choice (if strawberries, wash and dry)
- In a microwavable bowl, melt the semi-sweet chocolate chips (for best results, stir every 30 seconds until smooth)
- Dip your desired ingredient into the chocolate and place on parchment paper
- Place plate/baking sheet into refrigerator for 10 minutes
- Once set, remove from refrigerator
- In another microwavable bowl, melt white chocolate chips
- Using a spoon, drizzle white chocolate onto your treats
- Sprinkle treats with your favorite sprinkles for a festive Valentine’s Day touch
- Place treats back into the refrigerator for 10 more minutes to set, remove and enjoy!