Name: Kayleigh Burkette

Position: Editorial Team

Hello! My name is Kayleigh Burkette, and I am a senior here at The University of Alabama. I am from Mobile, Alabama and have wanted to go to UA my whole life. I am an athletic training major working to pursue a career in sports medicine with collegiate athletics. I have gotten the opportunity to work with an SEC Championship-winning UA gymnastics team, a National Championship-winning UA cheerleading geam, and a Sugar Bowl-winning UA football team. I feel very blessed and fortunate to have experienced undergrad in such a unique and special way.

This summer, I will be working as a Graduate Assistant obtaining a master’s degree at Tulane University in New Orleans, Louisiana for their beach volleyball and cheerleading teams. I am very passionate about working in athletics and, namely, women’s sports.

I wanted to be a part of Mosaic because of the creativity that it offers. I feel that everyone needs a creative outlet that challenges them. I am also in a photography class and had never really used a camera until last semester, and I found that it changed the way I viewed a lot of aspects of life. Creativity allows us to focus in on one thing and create our own world, if only for a moment.