Name: Ekpele Anwah

Position: Design Team

Hello everyone! My name is Ekpele Anwah and I am a sophomore from Birmingham, Alabama. I am currently a biology major on the pre dental track. My goal after I graduate is to continue my education at the University of Alabama at Birmingham and specialize in orthodontists with hopes to one day open my own practice. On campus I am involved in various organizations including being the UA HOSA chapter treasurer, Bama Catholic, African Students Association, and the Pre-Dental Association.

I come from a big family with 5 other sisters and brothers. I recently made the family a little bigger when I brought my puppy husky (Lani) home, and everyone fell in love with her. Outside of classes I spend my free time working out, reading and listening to podcasts, and traveling even if it’s only to the next town over. I enjoy spending time with friends and family as well as my boyfriend. My goal in life is to achieve financial freedom and to give back to as many people as possible both here and abroad.

I’m very excited to join the Mosaic design team this year. I love writing and otherwise would have opted to join the editorial team but wanted to learn a completely different skill that would not only challenge me but improve my creative thinking.