Name: Grace Sarkisian

Position: Co-Director

My name is Grace [Anne] Sarkisian and I am currently the co-editor-in-chief of MOSAIC magazine. As a News Media major, my passion for writing and journalism stems from early on in my life, but I can specifically pinpoint my experience in yearbook club in high school as being my journalistic awakening. 

I was born in Boston, Massachusetts, but I only really lived there for five minutes. I moved outside the city of Tampa, Florida just a few years after I was born and I was surrounded by humidity and palm trees up until the time I moved out to Tuscaloosa, Alabama to begin my college journey.

Although two completely different atmospheres, Tampa and Tuscaloosa have provided me with experiences and opportunities that have each taken part in crafting my constantly growing persona. The Big Apple, more specifically New York City, is the next place I hope to move to and plant a seed in which I can grow to not only better my character, but my writing abilities as well.

This is just the beginning of my journey simply as an individual, but also as a writer. Being a writer is one of the fundamental aspects of my life that make up who I am as a person. It is a form of expression and an outlet, as writing always leaves an open door for creativity. As much as I love to write, it is not enough to just scribble my thoughts on a piece of paper. I feel a calling in my bones to share my messages. As much as I am inspired on a daily basis, I would like to be a source of inspiration for others.