Name: Margaret Seay

Position: Editorial Team

Hi, I’m Margaret, a senior from Pell City, AL. Most people hear “senior” and immediately follow with, “What do you want to do after graduation?” I am a goal-oriented planner by nature, so I have had my sights on my future for a while. Before we jump into the details, allow me to share my journey at UA and the impactful experiences that led me to this point. 

Let’s rewind for a moment. As an Alabama native who grew up visiting campus with two proud alumni parents, I am a longstanding fan of the Alabama Crimson Tide. I spent Saturdays tailgating on the quad before football games (long before the iconic Saban era) and traveled weeknights with my dad to watch Tide Hoops. However, when the long-awaited college decision came, I was more than eager to explore someplace new where I could create my own college story. A tour of the College of Communication and Information Sciences my senior year of high school changed my perspective and led me to the nation’s top public relations program. 

While this is my first semester on the Mosaic team, I am no stranger to the creative content process, and I am looking forward to contributing my skills in a new way. An avid enthusiast of AP Style and grammar, I have grown tremendously within my roles in Capstone Agency, UA’s student-run integrated communications firm. As the director of the media department and a senior media coordinator, I developed my ability to execute effective media campaigns through social media content planning, media writing and exploring industry trends. 

These experiences contributed to other impactful student leadership and internship experiences that furthered my appreciation for UA and my growth as a young professional. Here are a few highlights: 

• Ambassador for the College of Communication and Information Sciences, conducting tours of media facilities to potential students, faculty and alumni.
  • Vice President of Recruitment Information for my chapter, executing recruitment information for over 2,500 participants in a year-long recruitment process. 
  • Tournament Media and Communications Intern for the Alabama Golf Association, conducting media operations through sports photography and videography, social media content creation and media writing. 

While all of these roles significantly shaped my college experience, my time spent in Capstone Agency sparked my passion for pursuing a career in an agency setting upon graduation. As I prepare to trade in my days at the Capstone for a diploma and a full-time role, I invite you to join me on one last journey to highlight the UA community. Let these stories be a nod to the place that built me, challenged me and shaped me into who I am today.