Name: Ally Weinstein 

Position: Website Team 

I’m Ally Weinstein, and I’m on the Mosaic Social Media/ Website design team this semester. 

I grew up about 20 minutes outside of Atlanta in Marietta, GA. I’m a sophomore at UA with a major in Creative Media and a minor in General Business. I live in Tuscaloosa with my two best friends. 

In my free time, I work as a server at Dreamland Barbecue, which means I don’t really have any free time. When I do have some time, I like to go get gas station slushies and watch Twilight with my roommates, create playlists for extremely specific situations, and religiously watch Survivor at all hours of the day or night. I’m extremely passionate about Mexican food, whether it’s sit-down or Taco Bell, and I’ve gotten so many cherry slushies from the Shell station that the cashier forced me to sign up for their rewards card. 

My favorite activity of all time (and basically my entire life) is watching movies: all types, all genres, good or bad. Because I (like everyone else) had a lot of time on my hands in 2020, I decided to keep track of all the movies I watched from March on. That number ended up getting embarrassingly high around April so I will not be including my final count for the year, but I will include some personal quarantine favorites: Saw, Hot Tub Time Machine, Primal Fear, Interstellar, Slingblade, Thor: Ragnarok, The Mummy, The Truman Show, Requiem for a Dream, and Midsommar. When I graduate from Alabama, I want to work in the film industry and bring my own ideas to the screen. I’m really excited to start creating and promoting content for Mosaic & Roll Tide!