Name: Karoline Copeland

Position: Co-Photography Editor

Hello! My name is Karoline, and I am from Mobile, Alabama. I am very excited to be back with Mosaic as the photography co-editor. I am looking forward to continuing to learn more about photography and editing as we begin this semester. Currently, I am a junior at The University of Alabama majoring in biology and marine science on the pre-veterinarian track. 

While at UA, I am a member of the University’s Dance Team, Honors College, and serve as my sorority’s community service chair. Some of my favorite memories over these past few years include getting to dance on the sidelines of home football games. Being from Mobile, I have been attending Alabama football games my whole life. So, having the opportunity to cheer on our team from the sidelines is a dream come true. In addition to football, I also enjoy performing on the court in Coleman Coliseum while cheering on our men’s and women’s basketball teams. We also train year-round for our annual National competition that takes place in Orlando, Florida. 

When not at dance team practice, I like to spend my free time exploring and playing with my three golden retrievers. I have always had a love for animals, so after completing my undergraduate degree I hope to attend veterinarian school. Since I live just 30-minutes from the beach, I have always had an appreciation for marine life and a special interest in protecting the beautiful world that we live in. My dream job is to become a wildlife veterinarian that also focuses on ecosystem restoration. This summer I plan to study abroad in Cape Town, South Africa to gain experience with wildlife animals before applying to veterinary school this Fall. 

One last thing to know about me is that I love spending time with my family. We enjoy doing everything together from traveling to exotic locations to having weekly game nights in our dining room. My family is very competitive, so game nights are always extra fun in our house. We also enjoy going on new adventures and trying different things. Some of my favorite adventures we have been on include scuba diving with sharks in the Bahamas and horseback riding in Jamaica. When I am surrounded by my family, we are always bound to have fun together wherever we are!