Mini Waffle Maker Recipes

Recently. mini waffle maker recipes have become the hottest new trend. TikTokers have shared fun new recipes using their own mini waffle makers to make everything but waffles. I’ve seen a variety of foods from fried pickles, breakfast sandwiches, pizzas, and burgers, to cinnamon rolls, brownies, cookies, and so much more. As the holidays rolled around the hype surrounding these infamous mini waffle makers continued to grow. Thanks to my little brother I was one of the many lucky people to receive a mini waffle maker for Christmas. Now that I have my own mini waffle maker, I’m ready to hop on this trend and see what all the hype is about. My main source to find inspiration for fun and interesting recipes to try out was TikTok. As I scrolled through my for you page, I discovered so many possibilities. It took me a bit of time, but I was finally able to narrow my options down to four recipes. I decided to make each meal of the day to see if my mini waffle maker could hold up to the test.

Uncooked bacon cooking on a waffle makerBreakfast: Eggs and Bacon

Ingredients

Egg, Cheese, Bacon

Egg and cheese cooking in waffle maker.First, is the most important meal of the day: Breakfast. For this meal I decided to make a simple recipe of eggs and bacon. I started by folding a piece of bacon so it would fit into the waffle maker, then I left it in for about five minutes. I would suggest flipping halfway through to create the perfect crispy bacon. Then, I mixed one egg in a bowl with some cheese and poured it into the waffle maker. Instead of cleaning the waffle maker after the bacon, I just decided to use the bacon grease as a way to help the egg not stick. Overall, this worked very well but it was more time consuming than using a regular pan. I was only able to fit one piece of bacon at a time and I would only suggest this if you like your bacon more well done.

Egg and bacon cooked in waffle maker on plate

Cheese quesadilla on a waffle makerLunch: Cheese Quesadilla

Ingredients

Mini tortilla, cheeseCheese quesadilla on a plate

Next comes lunch when I made a delicious quesadilla. This recipe was the easiest of them all. I simply put cheese on a mini tortilla, folded it in half, and placed it in the mini waffle maker. Again, I would suggest flipping halfway through. The cheese quesadilla took a bit longer to cook than breakfast but turned out great. Mini tortillas are the perfect size to use in the mini waffle maker.

Crescent roll dough cooking on waffle maker.Dinner: Mini PizzasMini pizza with pepperoni on a plate

Ingredients

Crescent Rolls, Marinara Sauce, Cheese, Pepperoni

For dinner, I decided to make some small pizzas. I’d say this was the most complex recipe so far but I still didn’t end up using that many ingredients. On TikTok I saw people making a dough or mixing an egg with cheese for the pizza crust. Instead of buying all of these ingredients, I decided to use crescent rolls. I pulled off two triangles from the dough and pushed them together to form a circle. After placing it in the mini waffle maker it didn’t take long to cook. I pulled it off the heat to add some marinara sauce, cheese, and pepperoni on top. Then I placed it back in the mini waffle maker, holding the lid just over it to heat up the cheese on top. Overall, this turned out better than I had expected. The crust maintained a soft center but also had a crunchy outer layer. It tasted just like eating a little pizza.

Cookie inside of a mini waffle maker Dessert: Cookies

Ingredients

Cookie Dough

Finally it came time for dessert (my favorite meal of the day). This was the most difficult recipe to decide on but I ended up choosing to make cookies. I placed a piece of cookie dough into the mini waffle maker and pressed down the lid. This was probably the quickest food to cook so don’t leave it in for too long or it will burn. I honestly had the least amount of faith in this recipe because I thought the cookie would stick easily or fall apart. In the end I left the cookie in the turned off waffle maker to cool down and it easily came out. I didn’t love the cookie because I’m the type of person that likes their desserts a little undercooked. However, if you enjoy crunchier cookies then this is definitely the move for you.

Cookie made in mini waffle maker on a plate

You can find these fun mini waffle makers for about $4-10 at Target, Walmart, and on Amazon. Mine is the red Dash Mini Waffle Maker from Target. They come in so many different colors, and some even have fun designs inside. Try out some of these recipes yourself to see if you think the mini waffle maker really lives up to its hype!

Mini pizza, mini quesadilla, eggs and bacon, and a cookie all made in a waffle maker on a plate