DAVID KINDLARSKI

Class: Senior

Major: Computer Science

Hometown: Marathon, WI

Why did you choose to join the Honors College?

I chose to join the Honors College originally because of my roommate. He told me about the exclusive living environments and opportunities available, and once I looked into it I realized it was the right place for me!

Are you involved in anything special within the Honors College?

I actually am in the “STEM Path to the MBA” program, an accelerated track to get a MBA just one year after completing my undergraduate studies. I have been taking business classes alongside my standard coursework, and have access to even more professional development resources.

What is your favorite class you have taken in the Honors College?

My favorite class I have taken in the Honors College was through the STEM Path program, STEM Business Honors III (GBA 271). I had this class with my favorite professor, Harold Wright, and got to create business models designed to help improve rural Alabama. We came up with an idea for affordable hydroponics, bringing nutritious and affordable food sources to families across the state.

What has been your favorite part of being in the Honors College?

The best part of being in the Honors College is being surrounded by people who are equally skilled and determined to be successful as you are. Every honors student I meet has a unique and fascinating story to tell, and each one pushes me to make myself a better student and member of this community.

What advice would you give to those who want to join the Honors College?

Do not be afraid to ask for help! There is a plethora of resources available for Honors students, and new opportunities come around frequently. Make sure to learn about all your options, and if you feel something is missing, speak up and take the initiative to create the next great opportunity!