Name: Shelby Weiss

Position: Editorial Team

Hi everyone! My name Shelby Weiss and I’m a Spring 2022 graduate from the University of Alabama with a major in news media and a minor in political science. My experience comes in all shapes and sizes, ranging from broadcast sports reporting for SEC/ESPN Network to volunteer marketing work with Jewish Family and Community Services in my hometown of Jacksonville, Florida. Writing is, and always has been, my passion, falling in line with my obsession for YA novels and the Jacksonville Jaguars NFL team. 

As a multimedia journalist, copyeditor and writer, I aspire to become an international travel writer and eventually work my way into the publishing industry. I believe experience is the best teacher, so I’m willing to try just about anything to further the plot of my own story. I’m an adventurer, a ‘yes-woman,’ and a determined worker. Bringing unheard stories to the forefront of society’s consciousness is one reason I love my job and constantly find myself inspired to write from new perspectives. 

This is my first semester on the Mosaic editorial team but my last semester as a student at UA. I’m eager to leverage my skills with the other talented writers on the Mosaic team and to bring those skills with me on the adventure that will become my career. I hope you find my stories entertaining, informative, and (if you’re looking to hire,) exemplary of the type of work you are looking for in an employee! 😉

By the way, if you’re reading this in the future, feel free to follow my world traveler Instagram account or checkout my #1 Bestseller being sold in a bookstore near you. #ManifestYourFuture