Name: Lauren Tatina

Major: Spanish/ Pre-med

Minor: Chemistry

What are your plans after graduating?: After graduation, I will be moving to San Antonio to attend the University of the Incarnate Word School of Osteopathic Medicine. 

Why did you choose to join the Honors College?: Participation in the Honors coursework and extracurricular groups was very important to me in the previous years of my education, and I wanted to continue this type of experience in college. I also hoped that the Honors College would give we a more well-rounded education. 

What was your favorite class you’ve taken with the Honors College and how has that class impacted you since you took it?: My favorite Honors College class was Language, Society, and Transformation with Dr. Migues Mantero. This class taught me to better appreciate little things in spoken and written language that I would normally take for granted and to consider what certain cultural elements are important in my life.

What will you take from the Honors College into your life beyond graduation?:The Honors College showed me how to really consider multiple perspectives on individual actions and situations and how I must learn to balance critical thinking and listening in each. This has helped me to become a more compassionate individual and incorporate many skills outside of the classroom into my education.