The trees have finally lost their leaves here in Tuscaloosa, and I’m doing my best to make up for lost time with fall outfits! This little number is just warm enough to take you into winter, but because it’s a dress, you won’t feel stuffy when the Southern days reach highs in the 80s.

Seriously, y’all, this is my perfect dress. It has all the things I love most: comfy cotton, plaid, pockets, a flared skirt, a ruffle collar, and a bow at the waist! I’ve had my eye on it since it was launched earlier this fall, and when I saw it go on sale for Cyber Monday, I had to pick it up. Unfortunately, it has since sold out in most sizes on the KJP website, but I promise I will update this post as soon as it comes back! I’ll definitely be watching the site so I can snag it in another color… or every color… For sizing reference, I got a Large because it said 100% cotton, and although it’s pre-shrunk, I wasn’t taking any chances. I could have gone a size down (and probably will on the next one), but I do enjoy feeling like I’m wrapped in a cozy flannel blanket.

I’ve paired it with my all-time favorite Jack Rogers booties which are currently on sale 50% off! I wear these with literally everything, and I even have them in black. I’ve also added a pair of Kendra Scott earrings and a pearl necklace, because honestly you can’t go wrong with pearls.

This outfit will definitely be on repeat this winter, and I’ll add tights, a coat, and some tall boots when it finally gets colder. What pieces will you be wearing all winter long?

P.S. Shout out to my amazing photographer, Anna Rahkonen! She did such a great job, and I can’t wait to share more styled posts with her help!

Editor’s note: This blog was originally published by Monograms And Mascara, a fashion blog run by Mosaic staff writer Ashley Henson. For more of her work, visit https://monogramsandmascara.com/. Pictures courtesy of Mosaic photographer Anna Rahkonen.