Name: Riley Edmondson

Position: Design Team

Hi! My name is Riley Edmondson and I am a junior studying Biology with minors in Psychology and Criminal Justice. I am from Olathe, Kansas which is just outside of Kansas City. (Go Chiefs!!) I grew up dancing in just about every style and was on my high school’s dance team and was a part of the marching band playing Clarinet. Through college I have managed to keep dancing in my life through the hip hop club, Riptide.  In the future I hope to continue on in school and get my Masters in Forensic Science, with the ultimate goal of working in a crime lab. 

When I’m not working on homework, serving at Mugshots in Tuscaloosa, or being President of Riptide Dance Crew, you can find me reading, looking at cats on the Tuscaloosa Metro Animal shelter website, watching lots of Survivor with my roommate, and always ready for a trip to any mexican restaurant. As I’m coming up on my last few semesters here, I am really trying to soak everything in and spend as much time with my friends as possible.

Since my coursework is so heavily focused on science, the last couple semesters have left me wishing for classes that were more creative. Last semester I took Photography 1 within the Honors College and had a great experience. So, this semester I decided on a whim to sign up for Mosaic as a part of the Design team and I am really looking forward to the experience.