Name: Leah Jones

Position: Editorial Team

Hi, my name is Leah Jones. I’m a junior here at UA majoring in news media and minoring in psychology. I love writing because it is such an effective way to tell important stories and create awareness that can affect many different people. My minor in psychology seems a little random, and is, but I really enjoy it and think the knowledge I’ve gained from it can be really useful in life. As someone who has always been one of the quiet kids but with big ideas and strong beliefs, writing has become my outlet to speak my mind. I’m currently a writer with UA’s 1956 Magazine Black student magazine and have really enjoyed working in student media, so I’m excited to work alongside the writers and editors on the Mosaic team.  I’m hoping this semester will give me the opportunity to improve and learn more about working in media.

My favorite things to do are singing and writing music. I’ve done this my whole life with my twin sister, who also attends UA, and my passion for it has only grown stronger. I believe this passion for creating music and art is a part of the reason I really like my major. News Media is so broad and offers jobs where you have the opportunity to show creativity. Music may not be directly related to a potential  job in media, but the love I have for creating and writing will help drive me in whatever I do.