Name: Shannon Healy

Position: Editorial Team

Hey there, my name is Shannon Healy. I am a senior this year at the University of Alabama. I am currently working on my degree in public relations and a minor in computing tech and applications. I am also a member of the CREATE Path to the MBA, so I will be staying a fifth year to complete my masters of business administration. Two years from now, when I am finished with my degrees, I hope to apply for jobs in crisis and brand management.

Outside of academics, I am involved in numerous organizations on campus. Currently, I have the privilege of serving as the 2020-2021 President of the Alabama Panhellenic Association, which is the governing body of the 19 sororities on UA’s campus. Last year, between my sophomore and junior years, I served as Vice President of Administration for APA. Every day, I get to work alongside eleven other members of my executive board, chapter presidents, chapter delegates, Office of Fraternity and Sorority Life staff, and people within UA’s administration. Being a part of Panhellenic Exec has been the most impactful and rewarding experience and truly shaped my time in college. I have also been involved in the Student Government Association, PRSSA, Tri Delta, as well as Capstone Agency, the nation’s number one student-run public relations firm, where I was an Account Executive. 

I was excited to get to work on Mosaic because I love to write! As a public relations major I took a journalism class where we wrote several of our own stories and really enjoyed it. Writing stories is fun because you get to meet new people while learning about new ideas, no day is the same as the last. Moving forward, I am excited to contribute to the continued success of Mosaic and learn more about writing, photography, social media, and more.