Name: Om Hirurkar

Position: Photography Team

Hey everyone! My name is Om Hirurkar and I am a senior here at the University of Alabama. I study psychology and minor in biology while on the pre-med track. My main goal in life is to be able to help others, and I hope to one day accomplish that as a surgeon. It is a dream that has a long journey ahead, but it is one I am excited to be on. My hometown is Memphis, Tennessee, known for having incredible barbecue and being the home of the Grizzlies as well as the ninth tallest pyramid in the world.

Currently, I work in an electrochemical research lab at the university with an awesome research team. It is a great experience that I get a lot out of. I am also the President of a club called Blend, which revolves around diversity, equity, and inclusivity. It is an organization that brings people together as a community through dialogue and hopefully creates lasting change towards a bright future. With this organization, I hope to make everyone feel like they belong and ensure everyone’s voice can be heard.

In my free time, I love to occasionally binge-watch shows with my friends, especially when we make a night out of it with popcorn and drinks. I like to play pool, hang out with friends, and work out. I also used to play for the Alabama men’s ultimate frisbee team, where I learned a lot about teamwork and how to look cool while throwing a frisbee. Another fun fact about me is that I am also in a fraternity, Phi Kappa Sigma.  

This is my first time doing Mosaic and I am excited to be a part of the team. I am working as a photographer, which is something I look forward to because I have always wanted to learn how to properly use a camera and edit photos. I hope to take some great pictures for you.