Name: Ridley Taylor

Position: Photography Team

Hi! My name is Ridley Taylor and I am from Orange Beach, Alabama. I am currently a junior Accounting student with a specialization in Professional Accounting in The Honors College. I am hoping to finish my Bachelor’s degree and continue to get my Masters of Tax Accounting. I am also a part of various organizations on campus, including a sorority.  A few things I enjoy are traveling, spending time with friends and family, and shopping. I am a very extroverted, loving person and always on the go. 

Being from Orange Beach, I have spent most of my life on the beach. If it isn’t freezing outside, I am on the sand with my toes in the water with my friends and family. We love to pack food or pick up something to eat and have lunch or watch the sunset and eat dinner on the beach. Some other things I love about being from Orange Beach are the great restaurants, fishing, and boat rides. Seafood is one of my favorite types of food….only fresh seafood though! I also love to go out in The Gulf and go fishing or go on boat rides to the islands and stop at all of my favorite places to eat. 

Traveling is one of my favorite hobbies. I love to go on adventures and go to places I have never been before. Two of my favorite places to travel are Blue Ridge, Georgia and Seaside, Florida. Ever since before I was born, my mom’s family has traveled to Seaside each summer as a family. This has become one of my favorite traditions and one of my favorite places. I hope I get to carry on this tradition when I have kids. We just recently started going to Blue Ridge as a family, but it has quickly become one of my favorite places to go. The cute downtown, and beautiful hiking trails is what makes it so unique. I also have loved visiting Paris, and London, as well as The Bahamas and Turks and Caicos. 

Another thing I love to do is to spend time with friends and family. Being an only child, I am very close with my parents. They come and visit often, and we travel together many times a year. I am also very close with all the girls I live with here in Tuscaloosa and many others I have met since coming to college. We are always sitting in the living room and chatting, grabbing lunch or dinner together, or going on a big shopping trip. I love being surrounded by the people I love!