Name: Lucy Barrow

Position: Design Team

Hi, my name is Lucy Barrow, and I am a senior at the University of Alabama. I am originally from Pensacola, a small town in northwest Florida, so I am most likely at the beach, if not in Tuscaloosa. I have a three-year-old French bulldog named Winnie, short for Winston; a one-year-old Goldendoodle named Mookie, after the now-traded Red Sox player Mookie Betts very overweight, not very friendly, a four-year-old cat named Charlie. So if you can imagine, it usually is quite the zoo at my house. 

I am majoring in American Studies and Journalism while enrolled in the Accelerated Masters Program for American Studies. While it doesn’t seem apparent, and most assume I want to be a professor or teacher, my dream is to write for the fashion industry. My thesis for graduate school is about miniskirts and how they’ve been used as a power move by women since the seventies #girlpower. A stereotypical nine to five job is basically my biggest fear, so I am aiming for the Big Apple in hopes of fashion success. While I am passionate about fashion, my parents think fashion journalism is an elaborate excuse for my shopping addiction.

In my free time, I love to do anything creative. I would not call myself an artist by any means, but I love to paint and learn to sew just about anything. So, reach out to me for all fashion needs, lol. I also really love to travel and hope to spend a year abroad in Italy after I graduate. 

This semester I am working on the Mosaic design team, and I am so excited to see the different types of stories our team will develop! I know it seems a little odd that I am on the design team as opposed to writing, but I wanted to push myself to try something new. Technology is not one of my strong suits, so I am excited to see what I can do.