Name: Stephen Kinnear

Position: Design Team

Hey there! My name is Stephen Kinnear, and I’m a Management manager who’s in my second year at the University of Alabama. I’ll be a part of the Design team for my first semester at Mosaic, and I’m excited to get started. I’m from Norfolk, Virginia, a decently sized city near the coast that’s home to the biggest naval base on the planet.

My main interests are in antique cars. For the past few years, I spent a lot of time back home with some old men working on barely functional clunkers. If you need any sort of expertise on old Chevrolets, I’m your guy. I’ve brought that passion to Tuscaloosa, when I blew my savings on a busted Toyota from the late 80s and have been gradually working on it for a few months. Until I get that lemon back in decent condition, I’ll be walking and biking to class from my off-campus apartment. Ah well, at least it’s decent exercise.

I’d like to think I have some sort of aesthetic sense, which is why I applied to work on the Design team. Reorganizing things until they look good is abnormally fun for me. This will be my first real experience with anything journalism related, so I’m excited for the new experiences this will bring. I look forward to working with y’all, and I hope we all have a fun semester!