Name: Madison Dox

Position: Editorial Team

Well, hello there! How do you do? My name is Madison Dox, and welcome to my bio. I am thrilled to have your attention, and I hope I keep you entertained throughout my short monologue. 

So to kick things off:

I am originally from Dayton, Ohio; however, I traded in my Buckeye jersey for the Crimson Time to earn my bachelor’s degree in Public Relations with a minor in management from the University of Alabama. Yes, my family is still bitter, especially after the 2021 National Championship. 

During my time at the Capstone, I have had the privilege of holding many leadership positions, which includes: 

• Account Executive for the Alabama Power client team for Capstone Agency
  • Director of the Xanax Greek Task Force Speaker Series 
  • Treasurer for Order of Omega Honor Society
  • Panhellenic Delegate for my sorority, Alpha Chi Omega
  • Advisor to the Chief of Staff of the Student Government Association. 

I am thrilled to be a writer for the Spring 2021 MOSAIC Magazine. I look forward to using this opportunity to continue to expand my craft as a writer, master the practice that is AP style, and further my knowledge of diversity, equity, and inclusion. 

A little bit more about myself:

• I am obsessed with true crime podcasts. My obsession began when I couldn’t listen to my same playlist anymore, and I needed something to keep me focused during my eight-hour car rides to and from school. I’ve tried other genres, but there’s nothing quite like a gruesome murder mystery to keep you awake.
  • I am an only child. While some might see this as a negative, I see it as a beautiful positive. I made my friends my family and became the independent, adventurous, and outgoing individual I am today. My experiences have taught me what it means to truly have someone’s back and be the optimal team member.
  • I swear by meditation. My journey started when I was 20 years old, and it has positively impacted almost every part of my life. I take 15 minutes to myself each morning to connect my body and mind, setting my intentions for the day. I highly recommend the app Headspace. It’s $9 a month and worth every penny!

Finally, I had the incredible opportunity to work in “Barthelona” Spain for the summer after my sophomore year of college. I interned for a start-up company that specialized in fashion e-commerce technology. During the internship, I created and distributed media kits, ran the company’s social media platforms- increasing interactions by 17%, and attended my first ever media festival where I interviewed high profile individuals in the technology industry for their website! When I was not working, I traveled to Bordeaux, Seville, and Ibiza, where I immersed myself in their spectacular cultures…and food. I cannot express how much I learned about myself as a person and as a professional during my time abroad. I will always hold the people I met and the experience I had close to my heart. Valé, Valé!